Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Praise Elune and Pass the Ammo

Lately I haven't been blogging much because I've been contributing a lot of photoshops to brewcrewball.com and sharing comments about the baseball season, which for the Brewers is circling the drain at this point. It's been a fun season, but football is here now, and with the colder weather, a return to more frequent video gaming.

Cataclysm is coming! I have my beta sub for Cataclym, giving me an inside look at the new content that will be released for World of WarCraft this holiday season, and so far it looks fun as hell. Everyone and their emo sister will be playing a werewolf (Alliance gets Worgen as their new race), but for my money the Goblins (Horde) are where it's at. Oh man, the selfish storylines and grouchy emotes have me to a T, if there was ever a race built for a cynical old man like myself, this is it. Fun!

Also, I've been splitting my gaming time with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The guys at work here play it on the X360, and that's a more pristine environment than the PC, where hackers run wild. Aside from that, it's a lot of fun to zone out with a sniper rifle behind an old junk car on a map somewhere and plunk baddies. I don't need to role play, I don't need to learn complicated sequences, just shoot the other guy before he gets you.

And rumor has it that the sequel Black Ops will be out in November and be hosted on dedicated servers, eliminating the hackers who are running wild with MW2. Lots of fun on the horizon this holiday season... and almost time to buy a new gaming rig too.

No comments:

Post a Comment