Sunday, February 21, 2010

Festival of Fail

So most of us casual battleground players are just there to fight hard against the other faction to try and win, and we don't say anything. Well, sometimes we'll through out something like "need help at Icewing bunker" or "there's 2 rogues stealthed at Stonehearth" but aside from that we keep our mouths shut and just enjoy the game.

There are two vocal factions that squeeze us every match, and make our lives miserable.

The first group is the "I don't go afk in the cave because I'll get booted out of the battleground, but otherwise I'm doing the next best thing and I'm totally worthless all match." These people are usually easy kills, often run off and attack the wolves and rams on the side of the field, and take up space that people could fill who really wanted to win and would try hard. These folks are famous for saying "just let them win," because they want the match to end quickly so they can go sit in another one and farm more honor. They aren't playing because they enjoy it, they just want to use the honor to buy gear.

The second group is the "I despise all of you because I am an excellent PvPer and I am convinced that the only reason I ever lose a game is because you drag me down." These people spend the entire match bitching at everyone else, insulting them, yelling strategies and belittling people, and generally making everyone's lives as miserable as possible.

Finally I was in a group and I was sick and tired of being called an idiot - I'm probably in the top 1% of all players in terms of AV matches played, I'm exalted on eight characters in AV. There was one player who started out doing this - you've probably seen it before:

So-and-so has marked you afk. Please type /AFK to clear this out or you will be removed from the match.
This is really mean. What it's designed to do is to trick newer players who don't know any better into typing '/afk', which removes them from the match and gives them a 15 minute debuff. It works, but it's pretty mean to players of the same faction. Well, this guy caught a couple of people and he thought it was hilarious, so he did it a couple more times. I said I thought it wasn't cool, and immediately got bombarded with insults. Ugh, whatever. Then they insisted that we should zerg because it was the only way to beat the Horde, and started insulting everyone for not rushing to General Drek fast enough.

Well, I'd been hearing this insulting garbage for a few games now and I was fed up. So I followed him all the way to the entrance of Drek's bunker, casted Tricks of the Trade on him (transfers threat to another raid member) and ran in and attacked Drek and his crew. They promptly ran out of the bunker and beat the snot out of this jerk. The following is the result of my efforts.


I thought it was highly amusing. There's nothing like getting clear revenge on someone who's being an unsolicited, obnoxious jerk. And the best revenge of all was that after this person cleared out and stopped playing AV for a while, the victories started rolling in.

1 comment:

  1. this totally made my day.

    BTW im Nuadia 80 druid on borean tundra

    ReplyDelete