Monday, March 8, 2010

Can't get no Satisfaction

Here I go again, focusing on a new character. I have no idea how long I'll be able to stick with it considering it's a priest, which is the lamest, gimpiest, most garbage class in WoW. Priest is the class you trick someone else into playing so you can get healed while you play a class that's actually fun.

I bought the heirloom staff, shoulders, and chest for the priest and it's still leveling at a crawl. I must have died at least 20 times already because I can barely handle one mob two levels above me, much less two. I'm level 12 right now, with only three more levels to go until I can level up via LFD and PvP full-time. But it's taking... forever... to get there. Westfall is a horrible zone to level in, I hate it with a passion.

The rogue was fun while I played it, but in 5k gear I'm only doing 4k dps in raids. That's manageable, but not great. I think I'm probably capped out at what I can do for now. I was just getting used to mutilate with daggers and the higher DPS weapons dropped that I needed to respec to combat to use, and I just don't care for combat much. The assassination tree has more in it for me, and my rotation was pretty manageable.

And there's not many upgrades left for the rogue without raiding, which I don't enjoy. It sucks up too much time, and I refuse to play in a manner that makes it impossible to talk with my wife and kids. So, the rogue is done.

Now if I can just figure out a way to stomach the next three levels on the priest... maybe I should head over to the Draenei territory and knock out a few quests there.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the Priest class. I am always bewildered by people who have such difficulties. I am not trying to be rude, but am just at a loss to understand what is so difficult.

    There is a pretty decent sticky in the Priest class forums regarding leveling. I leveled one Priest as Shadow a few years ago, and recently faction changed another. I am leveling the faction changed one as Holy, per the guide. Yes, Holy and having fun with it and not even bothering with dungeons.

    I would highly recommend the Draenei areas over Westfall and the like. Much better questing and better rewards.

    Well, anyway. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the comment - I think today's blog will go into my priest issues a little more. ;)

    ReplyDelete