Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mercy Rule

I don't like the thought that getting to 80 should entitle you to shortcuts. Each trip should be something individual, valuable, and unique. I should be forced to go through the same labor to get myself to 80 the eighth time as the first.. but dear lord, it should at least be as original and entertaining as the first.

I see the questlines in Sholazar Basin, and my eyes begin to tear. The thought of heading to Storm Peaks makes me queazy, and opening up the zones in Icecrown has me wishing I had chores to do somewhere. I've ended up spending a lot of time in AV and LFD because I despise grinding the same Northrend content over and over. It's just not fun, and the distance between rewards - levels, not cheezy quest greens and some gold - gets longer and longer as you get closer to the end. The last couple levels are the worst, but it wouldn't be so bad if we could take a different path to 80 once in a while.

So, in short: Don't give us shortcuts to 80, give us variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment